FAQs and Downloads
Q1) What is the “Delhi BrainGames”? What is the thought behind Delhi BrainGames?
A) We Indians enjoy BrainGames – be it chess, crossword or a spelling challenge. So, we thought of creating a unique community event that will bring together city’s brain game enthusiasts from all age groups from kids to youth to adults under one roof.
Delhi BrainGames is Delhi’s very own BrainGames festival. The Delhi BrainGames is all about having fun! It will be one of the coolest platforms to display brain sport talent! We hope to create an amazing, unforgettable experience for everyone who participates in the Games. The accumulated talent of hundreds of participants in one place will create a milieu that is unique in its ability to transport the mind, atleast during the event, to a different plane. Often this lambent feeling itself will make the participation worth it!
Q2) Who is the organizer of the Delhi BrainGames?
A) Delhi BrainGames is the brainchild of SportzConsult. SportzConsult one of India’s premier sport management firms focused on making a difference to Indian Sports. SportzConsult was founded in 2008. Please visit www.sportzconsult.in to know more about us.
Q3) When will Delhi BrainGames be held?
A) Delhi BrainGames will be held on 27th and 28th April 2013.
Q4) Where will Delhi BrainGames be held?
A) Delhi BrainGames will be held at Thyagaraj Sports Complex. It is located at Shri Ganganath Marg, I N A Colony, New Delhi, DL, India.
Q5) Who can participate? What are the different categories?
A) Anyone interested in having fun playing the brain sport can register in his or her age group by paying a nominal fee. There are no restrictions at all. The various categories have been created on the basis on age ONLY. There are no separate categories for boys and girls. There is no separate category for men and women.
Age Categories (A participant can participate in only one age category)
|Age Category||Date of Birth|
|U8||Born on/after 1st Jan 2005|
|U10||Born on/after 1st Jan 2003|
|U12||Born on/after 1st Jan 2001|
|U15||Born on/after 1st Jan 1998|
|U18||Born on/after 1st Jan 1995|
|U21||Born on/after 1st Jan 1992|
|OPEN||Born before 31st Dec 1991|
Q6) How many games can I participate in? Can I participate in multiple events?
A) YES, You can participate in more than one game or one set of games. But there are few games that will take place simultaneously and hence you will be able to participate in few games.
|Scrabble||Quiz||Spell Bee||Math Bee||Word Pix||
• Chess and Scrabble will be held simultaneously: You can participate in one of them.
• If you are NOT participating in Mental Math, Spell Bee or Quiz, You can choose to participate in both Word Prix and Solvathon .
• If you are eliminated from the Spell Bee, Mental Math or Quiz during the elimination round, you can participate in Word Prix and Solvathon on the event day.
Q7) What is the gratification on winning? Is there a cash prize in winning?
A) We believe Delhi Games is more about participating and having fun rather than winning! All the winners will get medals and e-certificates. In addition to individual awards, we have several team championship awards as well - Delhi BrainGames Family Champions, Delhi BrainGames School Champions, Delhi BrainGames College Champions and Delhi BrainGames Corporate Champions. There are no cash prizes. We believe the fun at the Games, the satisfaction and the happiness of participation will be greater than the glory, fame and recognition that will come along! Winning or losing is up to you. What we guarantee is one hell of a time - wonderful memories to cherish for the lifetime!
Q8) What are the various Team championships with in the Delhi BrainGames?
A) Delhi BrainGames is an Open event and anybody can participate as per his or her age category. Every winner gets points for a gold medal (100 points), silver medal (75 Points) and a bronze medal (50 points). However we have several additional categories as well:
- Delhi BrainGames Family Champions: We will add the points of all the family winners. The family with maximum points will be declared as Delhi Games Family Champions
- Delhi BrainGames School Champions: We will add the points of all the students from a school. The school with maximum points will be declared as Delhi Games School Champions
- Delhi BrainGames College Champions: We will add the points of all the students from a College. The school with maximum points will be declared as Delhi Games College Champions
- Delhi BrainGames Corporate Champions: We will add the points of all the employees from a company. The company with maximum points will be declared as Delhi Games Corporate Champions
Q9) What is the registration fee?
A) The registration fee is Rs. 500 per game(includes food and refreshments).
Q10) How can I register?
A) There are three options. You can
- Register online
- Register by sending a completed form along with Rs. 500 Cheque/DD to our office
- Register at the sports shops.
Q11) How will I know if I’m successfully registered?
A) You will be sent a confirmation E-mail on your registered e-mail id. In case you fail to receive our e-mail, you can always call our helpline number.
12) Who do I contact if I have any queries?
A) The help-line number is 749-814-2923. Please call us between 9 AM to 7 PM. We will help you with any query in regards to Delhi BrainGames. You can also email on
Q13) Can I bring my family and friends to the games?
A) Yes, you can bring your family to the games. Infact, you should encourage your family and friends to participate at the games! What a different way to spend a weekend than regular weekends!
Q14) Will I get a certificate for participation?
A) Yes, an e-certificate will be sent to every participant.